Legal Question in Family Law in Wisconsin

How to gain full custody of a child i been taking care of with no help from the other parent? he even sent text messages saying he wants nothing to do with the child and that e was signing over his rights, but yet filed a paternity suit on me.... He is not a good fit for my child being that he already has another and told me he suffers from the bipolar disorder. plz help???

Asked on 5/04/12, 6:05 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Raza Mahmood, Esq. RSM Law Firm, LLC

Gaining sole custody is usually an uphill battle--though not impossible--based on several factors including meaninful interaction between parent and child, financial support, and, most importantly, the best interests of the child. However, if you have been served with a paternity law suit you should seek legal counsel as soon as possible due to time constraints and procedural considerations since you generally need to file a legally sufficient response within 20 days.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/12, 5:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Wisconsin