Legal Question in Family Law in Wisconsin

My husband is suing me for spousal support in my divorce. He printed off the all the divorce papers on the internet and gave them to me, I have no clue what this means or how this will be presented, or is it something I should be suing him for? He has gone through one divorce. I feel that he has the upper hand by knowing what is going on.

Asked on 9/27/10, 10:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kristopher Krentz Krentz Law Firm

If your husband is going after spousal support you really should talk to a lawyer. Support such as that has become much more rare due to the fact that many marriages involve 2 people each of whom have jobs. I suggest you contact a lawyer and ask to buy an hour of time to go over your situation. Internet documents for lawsuits are not the way to go -- if the two of you have agreed to every other issue relating to your divorce (i.e. who gets what) you should be able to find a lawyer to draft the proper documents which will likely save you each a lot of time and frustration. Otherwise, you likely have a lot to gain by talking to a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/10, 6:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Wisconsin