Legal Question in Family Law in Wisconsin

Is my marriage legal/if so how do I get an annulment?

My girlfriend visited my in Korea last April. We got married in a Korean Consulate. U.S. Embassy told us we must file certificate in U.S. Court when we returned (we never did). She moved with me to Hawaii (military). After only eight weeks of living together, I find out she was sleeping with my best friends (two of them)while I was gone. She moved back to Indiana. Now she is trying to get my military pay. She contacted my command, and my commander said I must support her. Is my marriage legal, and how do I get an annulment? Will I really have to support her?

Asked on 1/31/06, 12:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Mahoney Cassiani Law Office, Wise Shepherd Law Office

Re: Is my marriage legal/if so how do I get an annulment?


I would have to do some research to see if the marriage is legal or not. It is not the kind of question that comes up everyday. However, even if it is legal, with such a short marriage, and no children, I don't know the basis under which you would have to provide support.

Best wishes,

Mark J. Mahoney

Read more
Answered on 1/31/06, 8:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Wisconsin