Legal Question in Family Law in Wisconsin

I am married but my wife has moved to a different state with our child. I have already filed for child support. She keeps threatening me that she won't let me see our child, because I started dating. Yes, I know I should wait but also it doesn't seem fair that she threatens me with that. When she herself has a boyfriend where she lives. My child tells me every time when will We see eachother? It upsets me because my baby is upset and misses me , as I miss my baby. What shall I do?

Asked on 10/21/15, 4:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Kowalski Kowalski Family Law, LLC

It seems to me that the logical step is a divorce action. At that point, you can ask a judge to have the child returned to Wisconsin, or at least to specify when you will see the child. You could contact the police in the state where your wife lives, but they may not be much help if you do not have a court order from a family/divorce court. I strongly suggest that you contact a divorce lawyer right away. The longer this situation continues, the harder it will be for you and your child.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/15, 5:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Wisconsin