Legal Question in Family Law in Wisconsin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

My daughter needs to know if her ex-boyfriend, who has 4 Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated charges, had a domestic abuse filed against him 4 years ago, is an alcoholic, is not supposed to be drinking, but my daughter said he still is, could get half custody of their 3 year old daughter?

She wants physical custody of her, and for her ex supervised visitation. Do you think this is possible?

Asked on 7/30/13, 4:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Missimer Missimer Law, S.C.

There is no term physical custody in Wisconsin it is call Placement.

Primary placement is always a option, she would ask for it and then make a case for it.

Supervised is more often granted with sex offenders or other cases where the parent has mental defects. So, I would say probably not likely, but you can always ask.

Custody is for decision making. The state presumes Joint unless a case is made regarding domestic abuse. Then it is still ordered with limitations.

You will probably need a good attorney to have a chance of getting what you want.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 5:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Wisconsin