Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Wisconsin

I had A small claims trial held, and the plaintiff literally "lied" on the stand, and I after A little checking can absolutely prove it. The problem being that the 10 days for appeal have passed, is there any way that I can still open this case and prove that he lied on the stand?

Asked on 5/06/12, 6:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

Although there may still be things that you can do to reopen this lost trial case, your time is very short and your opportunities probably limited to one final attempt. You should therefore make sure that you do not ruin what could be your final opportunity to correct this apparent injustice and hire an experienced litigation lawyer the second time around. Since you are seeking legal advice online in a public forum while you are still in trial posture (usually a very bad idea), I am guessing that you were unrepresented in this matter, and you can now see how well that worked for you last time. Unless you want history to repeat itself, you should strongly consider doing something different this time by being represented. Of course, even if you fail, you may have a second chance to limit the harm caused by this judgment against you by discussing the issue with an experienced bankruptcy lawyer. Please be aware that my responses to you in the public web forum do not make me your attorney and that I am not representing you or taking any action on your case. These answers are intended for public educational use only and may contain lawyer advertising materials. Regardless of this, however, you are still welcome to contact me during business hours at my in Racine if you still have questions.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/12, 7:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Wisconsin