Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Wisconsin

2 new house and propertys doing a shared well and driveway. All in agreement but Title co wants something in writing, what to do?

Asked on 6/07/18, 8:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

You must hire an experienced WI real estate lawyer to draft a record-able shared well/driveway agreement, or else your buyers will never get bank financing. I would recommend paying an appropriate level of care and attention to these documents, since shared utilities are an extremely common source of litigation later that proper alternate dispute resolution clauses could avoid. Your property values could therefore be effected for years to come if this project ends up being rushed or ignored.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else's, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others. Answering this question does not make me your attorney or entitle your information to attorney/client privilege, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO , or see over fifteen years of past answers at . See 15 years of past answers at Answers may contain attorney advertising materials and may, along with questions, be used in attorney advertising materials. All answers and questions on public websites are public documents which do not enjoy attorney client privilege. .

Read more
Answered on 6/08/18, 8:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Wisconsin