Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Wisconsin

I escrow my home insurance through my mortgage company they paid it late and my home owners policy cot cancled now I am unable to get insurance because I have a lapse policy on my record

Asked on 11/14/18, 4:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

The state of WI runs a high risk insurer for those who cannot otherwise buy insurance on the open market. Use that as a last resort if the mortgage company doesn't have a better idea, but either way, make sure your home gets insured ASAP, since you (and the bank) would lose the entire value of it if you had a fire or other loss during the lapse. Even if it is the bank's fault, insurance lapses are also a technically a common reason for foreclosure. The bank may have already obtain "forced placed" insurance, as allowed by their mortgage, but that probably will not protect your interest at all.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/18, 5:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Wisconsin