Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Wisconsin

Can I put a lien on a person's will in the United Kingdom?

Asked on 12/20/15, 4:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

For any proceeding in a foreign court, you will need to retain a qualified local attorney. For free advice on legal proceedings there, you should locate websites similar to this dealing primarily with British law rather than American law, or post under an international law category here. In the U.S., filing a claim against the estate can create a lien of sorts.

Answering this question does not make me your lawyer, but you can still post comments here for clarifications, etc. or contact me in person for same. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO at . See 15 years of past answers at, or go to . for more. Answers may contain attorney advertising materials...

Read more
Answered on 12/27/15, 6:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Wisconsin