Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Wyoming

I gave a former co worker my laptop to be fixed by one of her friends. she ended up being let go I immediately asked her where my laptop was and could she give it back to me. she has continued to ignore me and has not returned my laptop. Can I sue her for the value of my old laptop and the cost of a new one? or can she be charged with theft?

Asked on 5/20/13, 12:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Hamer Hamer Law Firm

You can sue her for, among other things, conversion. She also committed theft, if you would like to file a police report. I would document your attempts to recover the laptop (and any responses from her) via emails. Keep all evidence, and any co-workers or others privy to your arrangement with her will be evidence in your favor.

Law suits are tedious and could last a long time. Also, if you get a judgment against her, who's to say when or if you'll see the actual money. So, just think about whether you really want to persue this or can you just move on.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 12:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Wyoming