Legal Question in Immigration Law in Wyoming

How do you get a green card and social security number if you are here illegally

Asked on 10/14/14, 12:47 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

With some exceptions, you don't.

If you are married to a U.S. citizen, there might be an option for obtaining an immigrant visa abroad, assuming you get approval of a "provisional waiver", among other things.

If someone filed a petition or labor certification application for you, by/before 04/30/2001, then you still can "adjust status", assuming you have underlying eligibility to do so.

For more information, see:

Read more
Answered on 10/14/14, 1:46 pm
Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call me at (212) 968-8600 or toll-free at (800) 750-1828. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 10/16/14, 5:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Wyoming