Legal Question in Immigration Law in Wyoming

I am my husband's sponsor for his conditional green card. We have a daughter together, but now we want a divorce. I don't want him to lose his green card, but I want out of this marriage and would like to leave. He is able to apply for his 10 year green card in a few months, can I live and work in a separate state until he gets it? If I am his sponsor, after the divorce am I responsible for him for 10 years?

Asked on 8/27/12, 2:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White

You and your husband should consult an immigration attorney together. He will need to file an I-751 to remove the conditions. You can assist with that application in supporting the good faith nature of the marriage at the time it was entered into. You will want him to file for naturalization as soon as he is able to do so so as to minimize his potential liabilities to you.

Read more
Answered on 8/27/12, 2:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Wyoming