Massachusetts  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/16/12, 1:27 pm

I am brazilian and just became an american citizen, but want to go to Europe and stay there for at least 2 years, studying and working (a friend invited me to live with her and I already have a job in sight). I wanted to stay there as I said for a couple of years then come back to the USA to move on with my life. Is it possible for me to stay away from the USA for so many years, will I lose my USA citizenship? Will I have any problems when i enter the USA customs? Or once i got my citizenship I will be able to live abroad for as many years as i want as any USA born american citizen would? I just dont want to do smt wrong and lose my USA citizenship. I know that when i had my green card I had to follow rules as to the length of time I was away, BUT I dont know anything about the rules regarding the USA citizenship. Please advise. thank you so much.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search