Legal Question in Banking Law in India

i cancelled my flat booking, so the builder gave me cheque for the token money which i gave him at the time of booking......but that cheque bonuced, so i told that builder about this.....he told me to again deposite that cheque but it again got bonuced.....i want to file an case against him.....but my frends told me that first u should give notice to that builder within 15 day after the cheque got bonuced.....but the 15 days are what should i do to recover my money.....

Asked on 6/15/12, 8:43 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

RAJIV GUPTA (Cell: +91 9811284735) [email protected]
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

the notice can be issued with 30 days of dishonor of cheque and in case 30 days are also over, you may file a suit for recovery u/o 37 of cpc.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/12, 10:06 am
Sanjay Kalra Sanjay Kalra & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need a lawyer to recover your money and punish the builder for his harassment. Even if we explain the procedure to you on this forum, you still need a lawyer for your legal work.Dont be penny wise and pound foolish my friend.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/12, 10:13 am
Pravin Vaidya Independent
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Mr. Sanjay Kaira

Read more
Answered on 6/24/12, 9:36 pm
Aniruddha Pawse Aniruddha.P.Pawse Advocates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

i agree with Adv Gupta

Read more
Answered on 7/19/12, 10:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Banking Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now