Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Can my ex-husband legally stop paying his share of daycare for our children because I choose to take them to a structured daycare and not drop them off at his house with his new girlfriend before school? I have full custody and do not believe letting his girlfriend watch them before school would be in our kids' best interest.

Asked on 1/22/13, 12:43 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Donald Boyd The Boyd Law Firm, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

That may depend upon a couple of things; did he sign any agreement or contract with the day care provider? Is there any pending court action with a court order requiring he contribute to the day care? Also, how has the issue of day care been handled by the two of you up to this point? If you have full custody then you must have a judgment from the court. You should review the judgment for language addressing this issue.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/13, 1:37 pm
George Ellis The Ellis Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you have full custody, you make all the decisions regarding daycare, the support order will dictate how he pays for daycare, and it is up to you to enforce it by motion. Call us at your convenience if you have further questions 8007939859

Read more
Answered on 1/22/13, 6:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now