Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

If I gave my boys fathers parents custody and now cant afford to fight for them how long before they havem to give them back? They have had temporary gaurdianship for almost two years

Asked on 3/01/12, 7:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Laurie Thomas Law Offices of Laurie M. Thomas
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can go to probate court to terminate the guardianship. If they file an objection the case will be transfered to the local juvenile court. Depending on the county you may be able to get court apoointed counsel once its in juvenile court.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/12, 6:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now