Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Texas

I had a judgment against me for a Discover Card from Wolpoff and Abramson (circa 2008). We had been paying them for a while and then they merged (turned into?) Mann Bracken. Mann Bracken was shut down in Maryland and went bankrupt so I now have this judgement and no one to fulfill it though. The county clerk referred me to the original lawyer, which I think is total folly. Discover now will not talk to us. Also, I am trying to sell my house and cannot secure financing with this on my credit record. Any information would be helpful!

Asked on 9/13/12, 12:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Tender payment into the registry of the court that issued the judgment, together with a Petition for Release of Judgment. Serve notice on whoever took the judgment, which was probably Discover.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/12, 5:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now