Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Georgia

I am in my last month of my apartment lease and have given 60-day notice to vacate as required. The leasing office claims I didn't paid them for this month but I have a bank statement that prooves I did. They rejected the printed statement and are threatening eviction procedures even though due to move in two weeks per the 60-day notice. Am I being forced to stay here after my lease expires until this is resolved or can I leave as planned?

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

No one here knows what your bank statement shows, or why the landlord did not believe it. Certainly you asked and they provided a specific reason, and that is an important detail you omitted. If you paid by check, get a copy of the front and back -- that should be easy enough. If another way, the bank can trace. With only part of the story, and questions about how much you have done to resolve it, you can't get a sold response.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Georgia

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms