Legal Question in Family Law in California

When parents. Are divorced with joint custody of a 4 yr old child, can one parent decide to teach the child to ride a motorcycle (off road) without permission of the other parent? And in fact buy one for the child!

Asked on 7/18/12, 8:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In my opinion, that would be considered a major decision because if definitely involves a safety issue. Therefore, both parents should concur in that decision. If not, if one parent insists that that is something that they want to do, and the other doesn't want that to happen, you may need a court order that would go one way or the other.


Read more
Answered on 7/18/12, 10:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now