Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

can you reopen a closed case of domestic violence ,my husband threatened me into dropping the charges against him,so i did. can i reopen it and tell them i was forced to drop the case.

Asked on 12/16/10, 6:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Hess T. Hess & Associates, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If there were actual charges against him, I don't understand how they were "dropped" as it is the prosecutors decision to dismiss charges and in DV cases, they rareley drop the charges altogether. Talk to the prosecutor.

Read more
1/22/11, 10:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88283 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now