Texas  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/07/11, 2:25 pm

I have a Theft charge in Texas, for $700, and I think that it is a misdemeanor. I am not sure about that though and the case was back in 2007-2008. I didn't finish the deffered adjudication, 9 months, that I received. On top of that, I went back home to Maryland and started all over. In 2010, I got a ticket, somewhere in the amount of $750. Now I have a warrant in MD also.

I want to find out, if I turn myself in to the PD in TX, or in MD, will I be extradited to the other state. If I turn myself in, in TX, will I be extradited to MD? Or the other way around. I am planning to take care of this at the end of the month, so that I can get all of this behind me....this is holding me up from getting good jobs and getting on with my life.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search