Legal Question in Consumer Law in New York

A wrote to B offering to sell his car for 3k B assumed that A was referring to A's X car worth 4k whereas, in fact, A was referring to his Y worth 2k. B replied, 'I agree to but it provided it is in good condition. I will be away from uk for 2 weeks so I will not be able to come and see it but I will put a cheque in the post.' 2 days later B sent a cheque for 3k to A. When B returned and discovered the mistake he refused to take the Y and A refused to return B's money. 2 days later the Y was taken from the drive and was written off by joyriders.

Advise the parties. What difference, if any, would it make to your advice if, instead of being taken by joyriders, the Y had a large number of monor defects.

Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC

If lawyer A answered individual B's homework or test question, would lawyer A be aiding an abetting fraud on behalf of B? Would the other students (C) have a cause of action against B and A since their grades suffered as a result of A giving B the right answer?

More Consumer Law questions and answers in New York

Consumer Law Legal Forms