Legal Question in Business Law in India

8 months ago my contractor rejected to complete work. After a month I had sent notice to him and after two weeks from my notice they rejected to refund payment. Now can I register case in court against him ...or its delayed?

Asked on 6/12/13, 3:33 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

Contractors are paid based on running bills certified by the concerned Architect, Engineer or Project Manager. You should check whether any excess monies have been paid to the contractor or advance payment pending adjustment, and if yes, you can certainly file a case in the Court against the contractor for refund of the excess paid to him.


Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 3:38 am
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, you can register a case against the contractor for the refund of the amount paid and interest accrued thereon. Should you need any assistance you may contact us at [email protected] or 9873385524.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 3:47 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may file a suit within 3 years from the cause of action.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 11:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now