India  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/28/09, 7:54 am

156(3) CrPC

I would like to know all the details regarding 156(3) CrPC. From the little that I have read, I understand that a Judicial Magistrate can order the police to investigate an offence. However, I would like more clarity on this.

1. How can this section be applied to government servants?

2. What are the various scenarios that can happen when an order for investigation under 156(3) is passed?

3. Can the case be withdrawn at a later date if an out of court settlement is reached?

4. Any other information which I should know in regard to 156(3)?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search