India  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/27/13, 8:28 am

My elder brother got marriage before 8 months. he asked Rs 8000 & then Rs 7000 from his father in laws for genuine reason & father in law paid him that amount. this was not at all known by my parents.

after 1 month of marriage there was some querral & wife went back to her parents home & have not returned yet. we have gone many a times to take her back but invain. Now she needs divorce with settlement money approx 8-10 lakhs else she would file a dowery case on us.

Note: Meanwhile she got pregnancy & her parents called up a meeting. there were around 30 memberes from my brother's inlaws side in meeting. whereas my 70 old parents & jiju were only representative from our side in that meeting. they all had forced my parents to sign on mutual agreement paper for approving the abortion. atlast My parents had to sign & did abortion. my brother was not aware of all this.

Kindly suggest us.. what to do as she is threatning us for fasle dowery case??? its humble request.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search