Legal Question in Family Law in India


In a family, the newly married son and daughter in law have been permitted by the father of the boy to stay in the ground floor of the house and the father stays in first floor of the building with his second wife. Now, there is some hush hush that the father and step mother may shift out (probably nearer to the aged mother of step mother) and also because there is no talking terms between the son and daughter in law & the father due to the problems created by the step mother who is childless.

Can the father plan to sell off the house quietly since this is his self acquired property when he has himself permitted and allowed the son and his wife to stay in the ground floor? what will be legal rights of the son and daughter in law when the house was shown the father of the girl before marriage that the son will be the sole legal heir of the property and lured.

Asked on 7/19/13, 5:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear client he can sell the property because it is self earned by him still son can file case in civil court asking injunction for the sell of the property. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 7/19/13, 5:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now