Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Zealand (Aotearoa)

is it that to sponsor someone (fiancÚ/ husband) I have to show that I am employed, if I am not employed or tax payer what can I do further to sponsor him .Do I need to find job ,if yes whether full time or part time . what if I am planning to start with studies ,do I need to show job even if I start with studies?

Asked on 8/01/13, 1:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Simon Laurent LaurentLaw Barristers & Solicitors
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You do not need to hold a job if you sponsor your partner. You should normally apply for a Work Visa for your partner, so that they can work and support themselves.

Read more
Answered on 8/01/13, 7:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Zealand (Aotearoa)

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88563 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now