Legal Question in Intellectual Property in India

my mother is the only daughter of her parents we are catholic from the state of Maharashtra. My mothers father has given the land to are uncle his own brother, by making a deeds of release and his entire share on his name without are concern this is a ancestral property and my grandmother is no more. how will my mother get her share

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP

03.07.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

If your grandfather has already made a Release Deed for the land to be transferred in the name of your uncle, unfortunately your mother does not figure anywhere in that mutual arrangement and settlement, especially if your uncle has taken care of his aging parents and if the title to his property has already been transferred prior to your grandmother's demise in the name of your uncle. Now it solely remains at your uncle's discretion of whether and how he wishes to compensate your mother from the monetary benefit that your uncle reaps from the usage of that land, and you have little choice, but to appease your uncle to compensate your mother.

Regards,

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in India

Intellectual Property Legal Forms