India  |  Real Estate Law

my father owns a residential house and wants to give the house to his two sons in equal ratio. the family consists of my father, mother, myself, and two younger brothers. my father wants to give the house to me and my younger brother. the youngest brother has no problem to this arrangement.

question - we have done a relinquishment deed where in my father says he is giving the house to me and my younger brother jointly and youngest brother agrees for the same as per the agreement. this agreement is done on Rs. 100 stamp paper.

1. Can we register this agreement in court. If so how to do the same so it carries more weight in eyes of law.

2. On a future date if me and my younger brother wants to sell house to a third party do we need to go to youngest brother for any signature. we want to avoid that.

3. Do we need to pay any stamp duty for this transaction. There is no consideration mentioned in the relinquishment agreement.

please advise.

many thanks