Legal Question in Criminal Law in Alabama

I am in nursing school and have 1 semester to go before I can get my license. My question is this, I got into some legal trouble about 14 years ago. I was charged with grand theft, fraudulent credit card use, and forgery. This happened in the state of Florida. I know that I can not get my record expunged or sealed as FL will only do one case. Is there anything that I can do to get this off my record? I currently life in AL. I know that I messed up. I only served 37 days in jail, but I have paid restitution and have not been in any trouble since then. I am a single mother of two teenage daughters and I have worked really hard to better my life and provide for them. I do not feel that I should "get off", but do I really have to suffer for this mistake for the rest of my life?

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.

You should probably have only one case and because of your age it probably resulted in a juvenile delinquency adjudication which would result in the file being unavailable to any source. Check with Florida is my advise.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Alabama