Alabama  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/12/10, 1:56 am

I am in nursing school and have 1 semester to go before I can get my license. My question is this, I got into some legal trouble about 14 years ago. I was charged with grand theft, fraudulent credit card use, and forgery. This happened in the state of Florida. I know that I can not get my record expunged or sealed as FL will only do one case. Is there anything that I can do to get this off my record? I currently life in AL. I know that I messed up. I only served 37 days in jail, but I have paid restitution and have not been in any trouble since then. I am a single mother of two teenage daughters and I have worked really hard to better my life and provide for them. I do not feel that I should "get off", but do I really have to suffer for this mistake for the rest of my life?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search