Legal Question in Criminal Law in Alabama

Sex abuse case

A few years ago the father of my child plead no contest to a sexual assault charge, after his then court appointed lawyer persuaded him that it would be the best option, even though he believed in his innocence. I and several other family members have witness the victim and her mother apologize to him and admitted they lied, but refused to help him get the charges dismissed in fear that they would be prosecuted and fined for filing false charges. what can we do to get this charge off him and his record so we can live our lives with the ridicule of the community.

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.

Re: Sex abuse case

Please contact me either through my web site email address or telephone me. I handle many such cases and can give you the advise you need. You will need a lawyer to handle this. I will be glad to work with the "victim" to get through this and to cause as little emotional pain as well, which is important to get her as well as her family to come forward. Many times this can be handled without the community having knowledge, but at least it is off his record and he is cleared.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Alabama