Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

child Abandonment

how long does a parent have to go w/ out contcacting his child before it is considered abandonment, and once he reached this point, what can i do to take his rights away, and/or can someone adopt her?

Asked on 10/11/07, 4:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: child Abandonment

six months for probate court and an adoption. That is the only way you can terminate a persons parental rights if the child is adopted, outside of DHR terminating parental rights at family court. Failure to provide child support or have contact with a child for six months is under the code covered as grounds for termination and adoption.

Read more
Answered on 10/11/07, 8:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now