Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

If a grandparent files a petittion for child dependcy and wants to withdrawl the petittion the day of the hearing can she do that ?

Asked on 9/24/12, 6:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. Terry Gregg, Jr. Law Offices of Terry Gregg, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. Any Petitioner can voluntarily withdraw their petition. However, that will not prevent DHR or other interested party from re-filing based on issues stated in the original petition or those gleaned during the course of the initial action.

If the court does not allow you to withdraw or continues the case based upon another petition, you should seek counsel.

Read more
Answered on 9/24/12, 7:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now