Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

Post minority support

I am a non custodial parent in Alabama. I have offered/volunteered to pay half of my child's tuition, room, and books. I am perfectly willing to do this. My ex spouse is threatening legal action to get half of living expenses, insurance, gas, etc. Are there any strict guidelines for what non custodial parents can be required to pay?

Asked on 1/18/07, 6:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Post minority support

Yes there are pretty much hard fast rules. First of all, if your child is already age 19, then you are free!!! If not then it would be based on income and would pretty much include tuition and books, not room and board. I'll be happy to help you if you are in the Jefferson County and/or surrounding areas.

Read more
Answered on 1/18/07, 7:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now