Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

I went to get myself and my son an updated ID cards from the military and I found out then that my husband who is military removed myself and my son off his information to recieve another ID card as well as health benifits. I called down to the court house to find out when we were divorce and they told me that we were still married and that we have court on Jan, 17th of this year. Is he allowed to falsify information to the military and can I get him in court for that as well as abandiment?

James Coleman Murchison & Howard, LLC

You should follow the procedure set out in his particular branch of service which commands that he provide support to his wife and children. That is step one. You should also get a lawyer go to court to protect yourself in the divorce. DO NOT fail to show up for court. Get an attorney and get represented!

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama