Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Alabama

I recently received a notice of a petition for letters of administration in a case that I am a heir. I donot want the person that filed to be the administrator to have that authority what can I do to stop her?

Rodney Edmondson McLaughlin & Edmondson, LLC

It is unusual for you to receive a notice of a petition for letters of administration unless you are the surviving spouse or next of kin in limited circumstances. Regardless, if you have a good lawful basis as to why the proposed administrator should not be allowed to serve, you could object to the same and either Petition for yourself or another authorized person to serve instead. There might be additional basis for you to use if you Petition, however, I am unable to determine that based on the facts you provided. You would be best served by conculting with an attorney who works in contested probate matters, who could assist you in this matter.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Alabama