Arizona  |  Business Law

Hi,

Im Robin Paul. Recently I tried to purchase an iphone from a website called myfure.com. This website belongs to China (although the owners come from Japan). I tried to purchase the product online. In this website you first have to register for the product, then pay for the same through Paypal. However, Paypal failed to transfer the money to the seller because Paypal was not able to verify the email address of the supplier. Thus, I felt that the website was not genuine and decided not to buy from this website, but by this time I had already registered to buy the product. After about a week, I started getting threatening emails from the customer service of this website, asking me to buy this product since I registered to buy this product or they will take legal action against me. However, their product has not been shipped, neither do I want it anymore, nor did I pay for it. Their reason for asking me to buy it is because they have paid for all the shipping costs for this item already (alIthough I havent paid them so far). I do not wish to deal with such websites anymore, however I do not also want to get sued.

Can you tell me whether they can really sue me? First, I am not in position of their item. Secondly, I am living in the US (although I have Indian citizenship) and they are a website based in China. Thirdly, I have not exposed any confidential information such as credit card, SSN etc. All they have is my email address ( the one which I have given you), my phone number and my current address