Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

Rights of non custodial parent

My ex had physical custody of my daughter, when my daughter was 16 she forced her to get an abortion without my knowledge or obviously my consent. We have joint custody. What actions can I take against her?

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Re: Rights of non custodial parent

Assuming that this particular decision

of the other parent violated your right as joint custodian to participate in major decisions involving your daughter's health and welfare, etc., you could probably ask the court to issue a Rule to Show Cause

against the alleged violator to have her/him appear in court and explain why s/he should not be found in contempt and, consequently, subject to appropriate sanctions.

However, in all candor, I doubt that much would come of it except, perhaps, further exacerbation of any ill feelings which may already exist between the parties.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona