Legal Question in Family Law in Arkansas

Child support modification

My husband pays child support for one child to his ex-wife. He and I are presently expecting our own child due in November. Since my husband will be responsible for supporting this child, can we petition to have his child support reduced due to our child? If so, about how much can we expect the child support to be reduced. Will my salary play a factor in the reduction. I make about $20,000 more per year than my husband, but I have two children to support from a previous marriage.

Asked on 6/13/05, 11:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joshua Drake Hobbs, Garnett, Naramore & Drake, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Child support modification

yes it will make a difference and you should contact an attorney about petitioning for a reduction. The amount of the reduction is up to the judge but the general child support guidelines can be found here:

Read more
Answered on 6/13/05, 11:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arkansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now