Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

After a Chapter 11 case is confirmed, is possible to request for the judge who confirmed the case to be changed in order to not have to deal with the same judge later in case the debtor wants to make changes to the plan?

Asked on 8/14/10, 2:41 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Mark Markus Law Office of Mark J. Markus
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Read more
Answered on 8/19/10, 3:09 pm
David Gibbs The Gibbs Law Firm, APC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Pressumably, if you are in a confirmed Chapter 11, you have an attorney. Why are you asking this question here? Your attorney should be able to answer the question, and Mark is correct, the answer is no.

*Due to the limitations of the LawGuru Forums, The Gibbs Law Firm, APC's (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided is general and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence. As required by 11 U.S.C. 528, we must now disclose that, "We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. Assistance we provide with respect to Debt Relief may involve bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code."

Read more
Answered on 8/19/10, 3:11 pm
Peter De Bruyn Law Offices of Peter De Bruyn
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

After practicing bankruptcy law for 28 years, I know of no procedure to "change" the judge after confirmation of a chapter 11 plan.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/10, 5:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now