California  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/18/13, 10:51 am

Hello My father owns a very small business. He received a supena in the mail last week for the records of a man he refereed work to. However they are asking for his employment records. They are asking for Date of hire, time sheets, etc as if he was an employee. After contacting the man he informed me that he is sueing a company for injury and lost wages.

But he was never an employee. My father owns a glass and mirror company, he did the mirrors and reffered a handyman (the guy who is sueing,for injuries not related to any work referred by my father) too do the painting.

My dad is very ill is not in business anymore and unable to handle this issue. Can I file a motion to Quash? and if so how do I word the objection. Is there legal terms. Thank you

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search