California  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/21/05, 8:12 pm

Goods purchased, not received

I purchased a computer from a person that I had communicated with on the internet. After sending the money order for 1600.00 and waiting over one year, I have still not recieved the computer. Because this was done over the internet, where do I file a case as I lived in Illinois, he lived in Texas. Now I live in California. Who do I contact to file? I had send the money order overnight to this person and he promised to send the computer out as soon as it was built, approximately two months. I had kept in contact with him over the time and he finally notified me that it was finished, but still after repeated requests to send it, he still hasn't done so. The last time i requested him to send it, and his agreement, the computer didn't arrive, and i am not longer able to send messages online to him. In addition, he has since moved to PA and I no longer have a physical address to contact him.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search