Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

About every 6 months I have a collection agency sending me a notice to pay a bill for a credit card. the bill is over 15 years old. The collection is not on my credit report. Other than paying the bill, how can I get them to quit sending the notices to me.

Asked on 11/11/10, 3:45 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Write them that since the bill is clearly barred from collection by the Statute of Limitations, any further attempt to collect is harassment under federal law and you wil file suit and you will sue them.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/10, 4:55 pm
Larry Rothman Larry Rothman & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may have an action against the collection agency under the Fair Debt Collection Act. We would have to review your paperwork to see if you have a case. The credit card debt appears to be barred by the Statute of Limitations.

Read more
Answered on 11/18/10, 5:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now