California  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/11/06, 1:36 am

Does California have a ''confession of (confessed) judgment'' system

I know that in Virginia there are streamlined, expedited procedures for getting a court judgement on a debt, such as a ''pocket judgment,'' a ''confessed judgment'' (in advance) and a formal and a little bit strange procedure called a ''confession of judgment'' that provides a streamlined system for converting a debt into a judgment.

Does California law have any system like this, that would allow a debtor to AGREE in advance to a judgment if they do not pay or some other streamlined system?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search