California  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/25/12, 7:04 pm

Our corporation had a treasurer that used funds for her family's personal bills. We chose to accept repayment out of respect for the husband and children, and have been more than lenient. But, the 3 yr limitation is almost up and we need to "demand" the remainder now and possibly take to court.

How can we word a demand letter for monies taken illegally/embezzled so as not to be charged with libel/slander? The husband said he would make sure we were paid back, so should he be named in the letter as well?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search