California  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/09/09, 2:45 am

HELP - Private student loans

I'm trying to pay back private student loans (PSL), however I cannot afford the monthly payments. The payments account for 80% of my income. The total owed is $160K.

On top of that, I owe for prior medical bills, which I consolidated in 2008.

PSL collectors have threatened to garnish wages. Are there any legal to address the PSLs?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search