Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Aloha. I am currently on parole in the state of California and it is very important that I travel out of the country for a short period of time. But what I am concerned about is will I encounter difficulties departing the country when I go to fly out? The reason I ask this is because a couple of years ago I attempted to fly from Honolulu to Manila but was arrested at the airport as I attempted to board the flight. The difference between then and now was during that time I was on the run from parole and had a PAL warrant out for my arrest. At this time I have NO outstanding warrants. I am just simply on parole. I really don't want to go through the hassal of asking parole for permission to travel out of the country because for 1) It is a hassal, and 2) I have doubts as to whether they would grant it anyways. So what I am seeking to find out is will the fact that I am on parole prevent me from boarding an international flight? Does anyone have a solid answer to this question? With much respect and aloha, Nathanial

California has travel restrictions for violent offenders. Nonviolent offenders stopped having travel restrictions sometime in 2010. You should speak to your attorney before taking off. If you have travel restrictions, you're going to have to get permission to travel.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California