Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I interviewed for a job with a recruiter that works for an employment agency. I divulged my criminal history during the on-boarding process while filling out my NDA and contracts (not initial interview). Essentially, I was hired by a company that the agency staffs for. After I was brought on board and worked for a week, the recruiter decided to terminate me when my official report came in (as if she wasn't already informed of my history). She condescending told me that I was "smart" and had great "education", but did not explain further about why I was being fired other than my criminal history (one felony; assault case from 10 years ago). Is there anything I can do from a legal stand point?

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

I don't know about a civil suit. For that you will have to ask on a civil litigation page. But if you haven't already you ought to talk to a lawyer about a 1203.4 expungement. If you were not sent to prison you may be eligible. If it is granted you can then say on most job application that you have not been convicted.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California