Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I plead guilty to pc 487(a). My sentencing has been continued a few times as I make restitution payments. I am having a timing issue, as I will not have my payment till 2 days after my next court date. If I miss court, will I be able to make the payment then get back on calender a few days latter and continue with the current plan? If not, how long will I have after missing court before the cops show up at my door to arrest me?

Asked on 4/03/13, 5:59 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You could be arrested immediately. I would never advise you to miss court. You will probably be better off talking to your attorney and having the attorney talk to the District Attorney. In all likelihood if you do not have a record of missing appearances or payments the DA will stipulate to putting the case over for a few days to give you time to get the money.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/13, 6:55 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you miss court the judge will issue a bench warrant, and this will jeopardize any plea deal that you have entered into.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/13, 8:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now