Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I plead guilty to pc 487(a). My sentencing has been continued a few times as I make restitution payments. I am having a timing issue, as I will not have my payment till 2 days after my next court date. If I miss court, will I be able to make the payment then get back on calender a few days latter and continue with the current plan? If not, how long will I have after missing court before the cops show up at my door to arrest me?

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

You could be arrested immediately. I would never advise you to miss court. You will probably be better off talking to your attorney and having the attorney talk to the District Attorney. In all likelihood if you do not have a record of missing appearances or payments the DA will stipulate to putting the case over for a few days to give you time to get the money.

If you miss court the judge will issue a bench warrant, and this will jeopardize any plea deal that you have entered into.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California