Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I was smoking weed in a parking complex. I live in cali and I have a recommendation. I saw a security guard in his truck behind me taking pictures of my plates. I asked what the hell are you doing and he told me the cops are on their way and to leave. I shook out and am home now. What will happen if the security guard gives the police my plates?

We're legal experts on here, not experts in what someone will or will not do.

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

While, certainly not trying to predict what will happen, many things could happen. While you probably cannot be convicted you could be arrested. Presumably if that happens and you show your recommendation to your lawyer, the DA or the judge the case will be dismissed. If you were driving the charges could be more severe. Theoretically at least the police could get a search warrant for your house. If they find a large quantity of marijuana or any other drugs the chances of getting a dismissal are less. Of course what happens depends upon what county you live in, what police officer, if any, arrived on the scene, and what DA, if any, received the police report, if one was written. While like Mr. Roach I am not a fortune teller I doubt anything will happen.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California